24th Annual PLA Golf Classic
Columbus Day, Monday, October 10, 2016
Manufacturers’ Golf and Country Club
511 Dreshertown Road
Fort Washington, PA 19034-0790
Dear Friend of Lacrosse:
On behalf of the Philadelphia Lacrosse Association and US Lacrosse, we would like to invite you to participate in the 2016 PLA Golf Classic to be held on Monday, October 10th at Manufacturers’ Golf and Country Club in Fort Washington, PA. Your participation will support the PLA’s mission to promote the game of lacrosse in the region, particularly our, which provides technical and financial assistance to new lacrosse programs.
Last year’s PLA Golf Classic at Manufacturers’ featured 100 golfers and 62 corporate and individual sponsors and helped the PLA raise over $25,000. The proceeds enabled the PLA to do the following:
- Support of the PIAA Public Lacrosse League and youth/middle school programs in Philadelphia;
- Conduct/sponsor high school and youth coaches’ clinics;
- Sponsor area charitable tournaments that keep Philadelphia lacrosse in the spotlight (including the Katie Samson Tournament, the Nick Colleluori Classic, Checking for Cancer and EvanFest);
- Organize and underwrite the 3rd Annual PLA High School Awards Recognition Banquet at the Radnor Hotel, which featured over 300 attendees and brought both the boys’ and girls’ games together to recognize elite high school lacrosse players and others who made their mark on the 2016 high school lacrosse season;
- Support the HEADstring Project, which donated over 150 new and refurbished sticks to programs in the City and Norristown;
We are excited to return to Manufacturers! The club hosted our first outing in 1993. The course offers a traditional style parkland layout with a great routing and scenic beauty throughout. Manufacturers’ remains in the pantheon of outstanding Philadelphia area courses.
For more information regarding the event and its ever festive format, please visit the Information page.
We would welcome your and your company’s participation and sponsorship to help ensure the outing’s success. Among other things, all sponsors, patrons and (if applicable) their logos (and websites) will be promoted in press releases and on this site and the PLA website.
Please reserve your spot in the outing by registering for the event as soon as possible, but in any event before Wednesday, October 5th (“Early Bird” special ends September 18th). If you are not a golfer or cannot attend the golfing activities, you are welcome to attend the cocktail reception and banquet that begins at 5:30 pm. Space in the outing is limited and registrations will be processed on a first come, first served basis. Based on last year’s participation and advanced expressions of interest, we expect the outing to sell out quickly.
As in the past, the PLA Golf Classic promises to be a fully subscribed and memorable one. So please come out, catch up with good friends and join the fun. At the same time, you will help make it possible for even more boys and girls in the City and our larger region to discover the joy of America’s native game. Hope to see you there, thanks for your consideration and continuing support.
Chair, PLA Golf Classic