23rd Annual PLA Golf Classic
Columbus Day, Monday, October 12, 2015
Manufacturers’ Golf and Country Club
511 Dreshertown Road
Fort Washington, PA 19034-0790
Dear Friend of Lacrosse:
On behalf of the Philadelphia Lacrosse Association and US Lacrosse, we would like to invite you to participate in the 2015 PLA Golf Classic to be held on Monday, October 12th at Manufacturers’ Golf and Country Club in Fort Washington, PA. Your participation will support the PLA’s mission to promote the game of lacrosse in the region, particularly our New Start Program, which provides technical and financial assistance to new lacrosse programs.
Last year’s PLA Golf Classic at Bidermann Golf Club featured 124 golfers and 68 corporate and individual sponsors and helped the PLA raised over $25,000. The proceeds enabled the PLA to do the following:
- Support of the PIAA Public Lacrosse League and youth and middle programs in Philadelphia;
- Conduct/sponsor high school and youth coaches’ clinics;
- Sponsor area charitable tournaments that keep Philadelphia lacrosse in the spotlight (including the Katie Samson Tournament, the Nick Colleluori Classic, Checking for Cancer and EvanFest);
- Organize and underwrite the 2nd Annual PLA High School Awards Recognition Banquet at the Radnor Hotel, which featured over 250 attendees and brought both the boys’ and girls’ games together to recognize elite high school lacrosse players and others who made their mark on the 2015 high school lacrosse season;
- Induct the Class of 2015 into the Eastern Pennsylvania Chapter of the US Lacrosse Hall of Fame at Whitemarsh Country Club in February;
- Support the HEADstring Project, which donated over 200 new and refurbished sticks to programs in the City (see www.headstringproject.com);
- Launch the PLA’s new website – see www.palacrosse.com.
We are excited to return to Manufacturers! The club hosted our first outing in 1993 and last hosted our event in 2006. The Club has performed considerable work on the course to restore it to its original condition. It offers a traditional style parkland layout with a great routing and scenic beauty throughout. Manufacturers’ remains in the pantheon of outstanding Philadelphia area courses.
For more information regarding the event and its ever festive format, please visit the Information page.
We would welcome your and your company’s participation and sponsorship to help ensure the outing’s success. Among other things, all sponsors, patrons and (if applicable) their logos (and websites) will be promoted in press releases and on this site and the PLA website.
Please reserve your spot in the outing by registering for the event as soon as possible, but in any event before Monday, October 5th (“Early Bird” special ends September 11th). If you are not a golfer or cannot attend the golfing activities, you are welcome to attend the cocktail reception and banquet that begins at 5:30 pm. Space in the outing is limited and registrations will be processed on a first come, first served basis. Based on last year’s participation and advanced expressions of interest, we expect the outing to sell out quickly.
As in the past, the PLA Golf Classic promises to be a fully subscribed and memorable one. So please come out, catch up with good friends and join the fun. At the same time, you will help make it possible for even more boys and girls in the City and our larger region to discover the joy of America’s native game. Hope to see you there, thanks for your consideration and continuing support.
Chair, PLA Golf Classic